Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Yarmouth Brewery Lobster Roll: Brickyard Hollow

These days you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a cool new local craft brewery in Maine. For us beer lovers, that's a good thing! Brickyard Hollow in Yarmouth opened their doors in late June and if the traffic is consistent with what I saw the night I was there, they're doing a booming business. It helps if you're brewing good beer AND serving good food! 

On the night I dined at the Hollow, I felt lucky to find myself two seats at the bar because it was packed. The atmosphere is neat – just like most breweries nowadays – with both indoor and outdoor seating options. The beer selection isn't the largest, but they're still new and I'm sure will continue to add more options – I tried the Kolsh and then opted for a guest tap - Banded Brewing's Wicked Bueno (if you care!)

As usual, I was excited to see a lobster roll on the menu and as usual, I couldn't resist. Plus the waiter assured me there was a lot of lobster in the roll – more than at his other job at Diamond's Edge. (Note to self: Don't order the lobster roll at Diamond's Edge.) Even though I was skeptical at the brioche roll and the price tag of "Market Price," I pulled the trigger. 

Lobster Roll
Maine lobster roll, lettuce, mayonnaise, brioche bun, french fries ~ Market Price

If I could make an angry face emoji in a blog post, I totally would because FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, would you just put a damn price on the menu! It was $19 by the way... 😡 (oh wait, I can.)

Overall the roll was pretty tasty. The lobster was fresh, cooked well and flavorful. The light mayo coupled with a squeeze of lemon made for a tasty treat. While I had a good brioche experience recently at The Clam Digger, this one left me feeling over breaded. The base of the roll was thick and overpowering. PLUS... not only did they add the dreaded lettuce, but it was shredded and that shit is impossible to remove without deconstructing the whole damn roll. 

The lobster roll came with just fries and a pickle. The fries were absolutely delicious! They were like steak fries but thinner and cooked well done – so almost like a combination between a fry and a chip. I'd go back for the fries alone! And pickles are useless. Don't even bother putting it on my plate.

Check out Brickyard Hollow – if even just for the beer. But I hear the other food is pretty good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment