Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Boats and Lobster Rolls: Harraseeket Lunch and Lobster

Surrounded by the marina in South Freeport, the Harraseeket Lunch and Lobster couldn't be any closer to the water and offers amazing views of the boats and harbor. It's been one of my favorite places for years for it's close proximity to home and their amazing food.

They serve lunch and dinner starting in late April with the option for ordering at the window for your lobster rolls, fried clams, fish sandwiches, shrimp, desserts and other deliciousness. Or order from the lobster pound for a traditional lobster dinner with steamers and corn. Then grab a picnic table under the awning and enjoy! They don't serve alcohol but you're free to BYOB.

The menu is simple and the prices reasonable. I had two choices for my lobster roll:
Lobster Roll - $14.95
Lobster Roll with Fries - $16.95

The hot dog bun was toasted, although not quite to perfection, but definitely an acceptable level. And yes, there was lettuce which I've already said I'm going to stop complaining about but I felt it was necessary to mention that it was there. The fries were tasty and it was all served in the typical cardboard boat.

It's not the biggest lobster roll you'll ever eat, but it sure might be one of the freshest. The meat was cut into perfect sized bites and even some of the bigger pieces were so tender, it didn't matter. The amount of lobster was about average and it was so lightly dressed with mayonnaise, I actually questioned if there was any on there. A perfect amount if there's going to be some, in my opinion.

Did I mention how fresh this thing tasted? It's like someone went down to the water, plucked that tasty little crustacean out and popped him right in the pot. There aren't many things better than a perfectly fresh, perfectly cooked lobster. It makes me completely forget about that overcooked one I had not too long ago!

I do love this place and I almost didn't write this post because the Lunch and Lobster is already crowded enough during the summer that I didn't want to send even more people there... you know, making it more difficult for me to get my lobster roll! But alas... I felt I needed to give them their props for serving such fresh lobster! And be prepared to wait in a long line for sure at peak times—it can get pretty busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment